BJP on Monday asked Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi to come out clean on the issues of diarchy and political authority of the Prime Minister raised in the books written by former Coal Secretary P C Parakh and the PM’s former aide Sanjaya Baru.
“The two books have only reinforced what BJP has been saying all this while. The family cannot any longer run away from the responsibility of answering questions. It is now time to answer questions. It is time for them to come out clean, rather than go on deflecting from this issue.
“It is time now for answers to the questions Parakh and Baru have spoken of and it is those issues that Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi must answer…dynastic politics has ruined the country in the last ten years and dynastic politics has happily looked the other way even as the sanctioned loots were happening and the Prime Minister or others were not available for the answers,” BJP Spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She said Baru and Parakh underlined the fact that everything revolves around “the first family” and institutional mechanism had no place to play.
Referring to Parakh’s charge that a transparent coal block allocation process was not being accepted, she said he has written in the book that “bureaucrats who hve integrity and honesty could not function” during this regime.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Sitharaman also said that while the leadership, credits, decisions went in favour of the family, when it came to responsibility, acceptability of wrong-doing or blame and accountability, it was not given to the family.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also targeted the PM, saying there were reasons to believe that Singh was not silent by nature but was asked to keep mum on important issues.
“He was asked to keep mum,” the BJP leader tweeted, apparently referring to critical comments against the Congress leadership with regard to the functioning of the PMO in Baru’s book.