BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi Saturday hit back at Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice-president Rahul Gandhi, accusing them of humiliating senior Congress leaders, including PM Manmohan Singh, former PM P V Narasimha Rao and former party chief Sitaram Kesari.
Modi used these examples to counter Rahul’s allegation that he practised politics of anger.
Addressing a rally in support of BJP candidate and former chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Modi said it was Rahul who has inherited this politics of anger from his family.
He said P V Narasimha Rao’s body was not allowed to enter the Congress headquarters in New Delhi. “Do gaz zameen unhe nahin diya (They didn’t give two yards for his memorial in New Delhi),” Modi said.
Referring to Rahul’s reaction on the controversial ordinance which had aimed to negate the Supreme Court’s verdict on convicted lawmakers, Modi said he had no right to insult him. “Apne Pradhan Mantri ki pagdi uchchali (you have lowered the dignity of the PM),” he said.
Targeting Sonia, he said she wanted to capture the Congress party and thus had got senior Congress leader Sitaram Kesari thrown out from the party headquarters. He also cited an example in which former PM Rajiv Gandhi had allegedly misbehaved with the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh at airport in the past.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More