- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
Sonia Gandhi to host farewell dinner for Manmohan Singh today
Before the election results on May 16, predicted to be the worst ever for the Congress, top leaders and ministers would gather on Wednesday at Sonia Gandhi’s residence for a farewell dinner for PM Manmohan Singh.
A momento signed by all the Congress Working Committee members would be handed over to Singh to express their appreciation for his stewardship of the UPA government for a decade.
It is another matter that Congress leaders are now busy finding faults with his leadership as they brace for a possible rout.
Officially, from the AICC podium, the party lavished praise on Singh acknowledging his contributions. The dinner over, the party will gear up for the verdict. All the spokespersons and some senior leaders would brainstorm Thursday to prepare the party’s line of defence on the counting day.