Before the election results on May 16, predicted to be the worst ever for the Congress, top leaders and ministers would gather on Wednesday at Sonia Gandhi’s residence for a farewell dinner for PM Manmohan Singh.
A momento signed by all the Congress Working Committee members would be handed over to Singh to express their appreciation for his stewardship of the UPA government for a decade.
It is another matter that Congress leaders are now busy finding faults with his leadership as they brace for a possible rout.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Officially, from the AICC podium, the party lavished praise on Singh acknowledging his contributions. The dinner over, the party will gear up for the verdict. All the spokespersons and some senior leaders would brainstorm Thursday to prepare the party’s line of defence on the counting day.