Narendra Modi on Thursday was at the receiving end of ‘neech (low-level)’ barb again, this time from Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who berated his “insult” of Rajiv Gandhi and said such “low-level” thought and words does not behove him and national politics.
Sonia also invoked former Prime Minister and ailing BJP leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee to hit out at Modi, saying Vajpayee and other former PMs maintained the dignity of the post but the way Modi criticised Rajiv Gandhi could not be termed anything but petty.
The BJP Prime Ministerial candidate had said Rajiv, a former PM, had publicly humiliated a Congress chief minister when he was the party’s general secretary to claim it was the ruling party leaders who practiced the politics of anger and arrogance and not him.
Modi’s severe criticism of the Gandhi family in his rally at Amethi, from where Sonia’s son and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi is contesting election, had prompted Rahul’s sister Priyanka to accuse him of practicing “neech rajniti” (low-level politics). Modi, in turn, accused Congress of targeting his lower caste origin.
“I will say that he (Modi) must keep in mind this great country’s rich culture and generosity. Such ‘neech’ thought and words do not behove him… If such are his words, you can well understand what will be his action,” Sonia said at an election rally in the UP town.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
She lambasted his “false” claims about Gujarat’s development and said 40 percent people in the state’s villages do not get water for drinking and irrigation.
Gujarat, she said hitting out at the the state’s CM, still considers those earning below a paltry sum of Rs 11 per day as poor and even by such low base over 40 lakh families there are poor.
“If this becomes the condition of the whole country, then you can understand what will happen,” she said.