Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday condemned the terror attack on a university campus in Kenya, saying any ideology or religion cannot justify such acts.
- Congress Plenary Session: Sonia slams Modi arrogance, rallies party behind Rahul
- Congress plenary session: Top quotes of Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi
- ‘Arrogant’ Modi govt left no stone unturned to destroy Congress, but we’ll never cower down: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP managed to convince people we are a Muslim party: Sonia Gandhi
- ‘Acche Din will do to Modi what India Shining did to Vajpayee’: Sonia Gandhi’s top quotes
- Rahul Gandhi takes over today: Sonia Gandhi talks of retirement, Congress wants her to stay as ‘mother’
Expressing anguish and pain, she said, “Only barbaric and inhuman groups/individuals could carry out such acts in premises of education and learning. Any ideology or religion cannot and should not justify such acts,” she said.
At least 147 students were massacred when Somalia’s Shebab Islamist group attacked a Kenyan university on Thursday. Hurling grenades and firing automatic rifles, the masked gunmen stormed the university in the northeastern town of Garissa as students were sleeping.