- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Sonia casts her vote
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday cast her vote for the Lok Sabha polls in the national capital where her party is eyeing to regain lost ground following the severe drubbing in the Assembly election four months back.
Gandhi was accompanied by sitting MP of New Delhi constituency Ajay Maken, DPCC Chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and former Delhi Minister Harun Yusuf to the polling station in Nirman Bhavan in Central Delhi at around 9:30 AM.
She is a voter in the New Delhi constituency from where Maken contesting to retain the seat for the third consecutive term.
“We are confident of a better performance. People of Delhi will make us victorious” Lovely told reporters.
The other two prominent contestants in the constituency are BJP’s Meenakshi Lekhi and Aam Admi Party’s Ashish Khaitan.
Vice President Hamid Ansari was among the first few to cast his vote in the Nirman Bhavan polling booth.
Ansari reached the polling booth no 85 at around 8:30 AM