Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Thursday cast her vote for the Lok Sabha polls in the national capital where her party is eyeing to regain lost ground following the severe drubbing in the Assembly election four months back.
Gandhi was accompanied by sitting MP of New Delhi constituency Ajay Maken, DPCC Chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and former Delhi Minister Harun Yusuf to the polling station in Nirman Bhavan in Central Delhi at around 9:30 AM.
She is a voter in the New Delhi constituency from where Maken contesting to retain the seat for the third consecutive term.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“We are confident of a better performance. People of Delhi will make us victorious” Lovely told reporters.
The other two prominent contestants in the constituency are BJP’s Meenakshi Lekhi and Aam Admi Party’s Ashish Khaitan.
Vice President Hamid Ansari was among the first few to cast his vote in the Nirman Bhavan polling booth.
Ansari reached the polling booth no 85 at around 8:30 AM