Training her guns on BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday charged that he was being projected with his “true face” hidden behind a mask and as a “magician” who could cure all ills of the country.
Without naming Modi, Gandhi also made a stinging attack on the Gujarat model of development being touted by him, saying some people had the habit of projecting “small things in a big” way as if no good work is happening in other states.
“These days you can see all over the country huge and costly advertisements are being showcased and an attempt is being made by them to hide the truth,” the UPA Chairperson told an election rally here.
She said, “An attempt is being made to hide the true face of one person with a mask; he is being projected as a cure for all ills and as a magician for the country.” Tearing into the Gujarat model, she said, “Some people have this habit of projecting small things in a big way. These days similar picture is being shown about the development in Gujarat as though no good work is happening in other states.”
Gandhi said it was a “different thing altogether” that the poor, downtrodden and minorities had made enough sacrifices for “this development…children are dying of malnutrition, tribals are facing problems in leading their daily lives.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Charging that farmers’ lands were being forcefully acquired in Gujarat, she said, “If we talk about the condition of women in Gujarat, there are different types of harassment. This is their true picture.” She further added, “They don’t believe in unity in diversity, they divide hearts, they make brothers fight against each other. Please tell me can you expect nation building from such people who don’t believe in our fundamentals of secular principles?”
“We cannot have expectations from such people about nation building,” Gandhi said, as she canvassed support for Union Minister K H Muniyappa who is contesting from Kolar (Reserved) constituency.
“We have two options in front of us. On one side we have BJP and its divisive communal agenda, on the other side there is Congress which has always stood for brotherhood and unity…,” Gandhi said.
“This is the same BJP that talks of Dharma and morality, but you are witness to the fact of how women were treated during their rule, it was a kind of national embarrassment,” she said hitting out at the previous BJP government in Karnataka.
She said, “It was the time in Karnataka when all kinds of developmental activities had come to halt, and with conspiracy and collusion your mineral resources were being looted.” Expressing happiness about developmental works undertaken by Siddaramaih-led Government, she said, “A season of progress has come back to Karnataka.”
She also said that in the last ten years UPA government at the Centre has also undertaken several developmental works. “We have done works and have taken several decisions that will improve the quality of life of people from all sections of society.”