Addressing a meeting of the office-bearers of the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee, Gandhi alleged that “all these incidents were being deliberately created to divide society on religious line.”
According to the Congress president, communal incidents had increased after the BJP government came into power.
She further hit out at the NDA government over India’s stand on the Gaza issue. “The BJP government has betrayed India’s long tradition of solidarity with the people of Palestine.” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This comes days after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi told The Indian Express that the communal riots in Uttar Pradesh were engineered, calling it part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
In a four-part series published this week, The Indian Express reported that in the 10 weeks following the election results of May 16, UP Police recorded 605 low-key communal “incidents”, two-thirds of which occurred in or around 12 assembly constituencies in which byelections are due before mid-November.