From being one of the most popular faces on the small screen to taking on Rahul Gandhi in a high-profile Lok Sabha poll battle in Amethi, Smriti Irani’s induction in the Narendra Modi ministry represents a crowing glory in her political career.
Having acquired fame as a TV actress in ‘saas-bahu’ soap opera, she continued to under spotlight after she switched over from TV to politics and fought two tough electoral battles in the last ten years including one against Congress heavyweight Kapil Sibal from Chandni Chowk in Delhi in 2004.
As BJP’s candidate from Congress bastion of Amethi in Uttar Pradesh where she took on Rahul, Irani fought one of themost high profile electoral contests of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. She lost but not without putting up an impressive fight that saw Rahul’s margin of victory to just
over a lakh.
A former National President of BJP’s women’s wing, Irani now holds the position of Vice President in the party.
Irani was born in Delhi and had her education in the national capital before she shifted to Mumbai and became a household name because of her role in the TV serial “Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” for her portrayal of the character of Tulsi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Married to businessman Zubin Irani and having one son and a daughterm, Smriti Irani lists reading as her past-time.