BJP candidate Smriti Irani on Wednesday filed her nomination from Amethi and attacked her main opponent Rahul Gandhi, saying his own party did not have faith in his abilities to name him the PM candidate.
“This time Amethi is going to script history and Rahul Gandhi would lose the election… people have made up their mind,” the BJP Vice President told reporters after filing three sets of nomination papers before district magistrate Jagatraj Tewari.
Before filing of papers, 38-year-old Irani took part in puja and ‘havan’ at the party office of the local unit and also held a road show in Gauriganj, accompanied by sizeable number of party workers and supporters.
Irani said that “her main competitor in these elections is Congress Vice Presidet Rahul Gandhi and not his B team Kumar Vishwas”.
To a question, she said that “Rahul can never become the prime minister of the country.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“…Even the members of his party do not find him capable of it, this is the reason that Congress has not declared his name for the PM’s post”, she said.
Taking postshots at Aam Admi Party Kumar Vishwas, she said that “he does not know how to respect woman and I do not expect anything from him “.