High drama was seen as BJP candidate Smriti Irani engaged in a public spat with Priyanka Vadra’s aide Preeti Sahay, objecting to her presence at a booth in Thori village in Jagdishpur area on Wednesday.
Sahay was later asked to leave Amethi after the BJP filed a complaint with the Election Commission alleging that she was trying to influence voters.
“When Smriti Irani reached booth number 210 and 211 at Thori village in Jagdishpur village, she saw PRO of Priyanka Gandhi Preeti Sahay at the booth. Irani asked her for the pass which she could not produce. Sahay being an outsider should not have entered the booth,” Ashok Patel, PRO of Irani told reporters.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We have received a complaint from Irani. Prima facie we found that both were wrong… While Sahay should not have been inside the booth, Irani also misbehaved… Sahay has been asked to leave the constituency,” said District Electoral Officer Jagat Raj Tripathi.
Anoter complaint was made by BJP from Gunnaur village in the Musafirkhana area where it alleged that some youths carrying over a lakh of cash are distributing among voters.
“Both the boys have been detained. We have not recovered any cash from them but questioning in going on,” Superintendent of Police Hira Lal said.
(With PTI inputs)