High drama was seen as BJP candidate Smriti Irani engaged in a public spat with Priyanka Vadra’s aide Preeti Sahay, objecting to her presence at a booth in Thori village in Jagdishpur area on Wednesday.
Sahay was later asked to leave Amethi after the BJP filed a complaint with the Election Commission alleging that she was trying to influence voters.
“When Smriti Irani reached booth number 210 and 211 at Thori village in Jagdishpur village, she saw PRO of Priyanka Gandhi Preeti Sahay at the booth. Irani asked her for the pass which she could not produce. Sahay being an outsider should not have entered the booth,” Ashok Patel, PRO of Irani told reporters.
“We have received a complaint from Irani. Prima facie we found that both were wrong… While Sahay should not have been inside the booth, Irani also misbehaved… Sahay has been asked to leave the constituency,” said District Electoral Officer Jagat Raj Tripathi.
Anoter complaint was made by BJP from Gunnaur village in the Musafirkhana area where it alleged that some youths carrying over a lakh of cash are distributing among voters.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Both the boys have been detained. We have not recovered any cash from them but questioning in going on,” Superintendent of Police Hira Lal said.
(With PTI inputs)