BJP candidate from the Amethi Lok Sabha seat Smriti Irani Monday attacked Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the lack of development in the constituency, saying he has betrayed people after promising them progress.
“Development is not visible in Amethi. Rahul Gandhi has done nothing to develop the area,” Irani, who arrived here Monday, said while addressing a series of nukkad sabhas during her road show.
She said, “Rahul could not provide jobs to youth despite remaining in office for ten years. The people of Amethi have now recognised him. He has betrayed them in the name of development.”
Irani, who will be addressing 22 nukkad sabhas in the day, was accorded a warm welcome by party workers.
Irani said there is Modi wave everywhere in the country as the people, who are frustrated by inflation and corruption, want to bring a change.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
With Irani’s entry, the contest in Amethi is triangular now. The Aam Aadmi Party has earlier fielded Kumar Vishwas from the seat.
The Amethi Lok Sabha seat goes to poll on May 7, in the penultimate phase of the nine phase general election.