BJP candidate from the Amethi Lok Sabha seat Smriti Irani Monday attacked Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for the lack of development in the constituency, saying he has betrayed people after promising them progress.
“Development is not visible in Amethi. Rahul Gandhi has done nothing to develop the area,” Irani, who arrived here Monday, said while addressing a series of nukkad sabhas during her road show.
She said, “Rahul could not provide jobs to youth despite remaining in office for ten years. The people of Amethi have now recognised him. He has betrayed them in the name of development.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Irani, who will be addressing 22 nukkad sabhas in the day, was accorded a warm welcome by party workers.
Irani said there is Modi wave everywhere in the country as the people, who are frustrated by inflation and corruption, want to bring a change.
With Irani’s entry, the contest in Amethi is triangular now. The Aam Aadmi Party has earlier fielded Kumar Vishwas from the seat.
The Amethi Lok Sabha seat goes to poll on May 7, in the penultimate phase of the nine phase general election.