The presentation of the Railway Budget was a bitter sweet affair for Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda despite rolling out ambitious plans of bullet trains and Diamond Quadrilateral Network of High Speed Rail.
This was because the Minister had to encounter slogan shouting from Opposition members occasionally, and towards the end his speech was drowned in protests.
The entire BJP and NDA side was seen cheering the first Railway Budget of the Narendra Modi government with the Prime Minister himself turning into a keen listener.
As the Budget presentation progressed, Trinamool Congress members raised slogans against the Prime Minister which was countered by the Treasury benches.
Some lighter moments spiced up the presentation which began at 1210 hours.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Apparently not happy with the fast paced speech of the Minister, Saugata Roy of TMC took the opportunity when Gowda was sipping water to tell him to read slowly.
But Gowda continued to be in the fast lane remarking, “(I think) you are all pleased by my Budget”.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who rarely displays emotion, seemed agitated when the Minister mentioned that recent dedication of Udhampur-Katra rail link fulfilled the dream of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. She was heard saying that it was UPA’s project.
“The medicine appears as bitter in the beginning, but is like nectar in the end,” an unfazed Gowda said making use of adages to justify the recent rail fare hike which has come under sharp attack from the Opposition.