While BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi is expected to counter the Congress’s barbs against him during his address to BJP’s national council meet over next two days, the saffron party Friday objected to Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar’s ridiculing of Modi, suggesting him to work as a tea vendor at the Congress conclave.
Deploring the remarks, BJP leaders sought to suggest that Rahul Gandhi will be defeated at the hands of Modi in the Lok Sabha elections. “The strength of Indian democracy will be proved when a former tea vendor defeats a dynasty representative. Let this be the battle of 2014,” tweeted Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said the Congress should wait for the election results. “After the elections, it will become obvious who is going to sell tea,” Joshi told reporters.
The BJP described Aiyar’s comment as an outcome of frustration within the ruling party. “It is a cheap and deplorable comment. This is reflective of the desperation arising out of the impending defeat of Congress,” BJP spokesperson Susdhanshu Trivedi told reporters.
The BJP retorted by taking a dig at the Congress’s chief campaigner Rahul Gandhi. “It is the prospect of defeat staring in the face, which is responsible for the reluctance to announce Rahul Gandhi as PM candidate in 2014,” Jaitley said in a signed article posted on his website.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The Congress is nervous — why risk puncturing its only card in an adverse political environment by declaring Rahul Gandhi as its PM candidate.”