THREE years ago, he escorted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to safety out of Khagaria town, after contract teachers staged violent protests. Now, Khagaria strongman and former MLA Ranbir Yadav is in two minds about his loyalty to the Bihar CM.
An influential Khagaria leader, Yadav has two wives. His first wife Poonam Devi Yadav (44) is a JD(U) MLA, from Khagaria.
His second wife Krishna Kumari Yadav (36), and also Poonam’s sister, has been declared the RJD’s candidate for Khagaria.
Yadav, who finds it difficult to shed his muscleman tag, has always preferred to fulfil his political ambitions by proxy, first by launching his first wife in politics and now allowing his second wife to join RJD to fight against the JD(U) sitting MP Dinesh Chandra Yadav.
Yadav told The Indian Express: “I had been expecting a Lok Sabha ticket for a family member in return for my loyality to Nitish Kumar. But that has not happened. When RJD chief Lalu Prasad offered the Khagaria seat to Krishna, she could not say no.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The JD(U) could not give a ticket to a member of Yadav’s family because it had to offer the seat to the sitting MP.
When asked how he would be able to seek votes for Krishna when his first wife is in the ruling party, Yadav replied: “I am not in any party and do not owe alligance to any of them. I will support Krishna’s candidature and even Poonam has blessed her”.
Poonam says she harbours no bitter feelings against her sister and that her blessings are with Krishna, but she is a JD(U) MLA at heart and would work according to party instructions. “We are family. Krishna is free to make her political choice.”
Krishna, a national-level sprinter who had won three gold medals in the 1990s, said: “I belong to a political family and hence, the offer from the RJD has not come as a big surprise.
There is no bad blood between my sister and me and we respect each other’s choice. I knew Lalu in my college days and now I am a nominee of the same man”.
Krishna is being considered as a strong candidate who can divide the Yadav votes of likely JD(U) candidate Dinesh Chandra Yadav. It is the Muslim votes that can play a decider.