In a bid to keep detailed tab on various parties’ expenditure for campaigning, the Election Commission (EC) has introduced a single-window clearance system in every state including Odisha.
Political parties will have to seek nod from the single window cell in office premises of the additional collector and sub-collector, designated as returning officers (ROs), in districts relating to conduct of election meetings, rallies, campaigning, hiring vehicles and use of helipads and airports, Odisha’s Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma said.
Candidates will have to apply for permission with a detailed list of expenditure involved in it 48 hours before the campaigning and the concerned RO would provide them with the letter of permission within 36 hours, she said.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
The permission cell will have senior cops and officials of other departments and will be equipped with facilities such as photocopy machine, scanner, computer and telephone to expedite the process of clearance.
A candidate or a political party can seek permission from the cell a week before organising meetings and rallies while the minimum duration for application for this purpose would be 48 hours, said an official.