In a bid to keep detailed tab on various parties’ expenditure for campaigning, the Election Commission (EC) has introduced a single-window clearance system in every state including Odisha.
Political parties will have to seek nod from the single window cell in office premises of the additional collector and sub-collector, designated as returning officers (ROs), in districts relating to conduct of election meetings, rallies, campaigning, hiring vehicles and use of helipads and airports, Odisha’s Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma said.
Candidates will have to apply for permission with a detailed list of expenditure involved in it 48 hours before the campaigning and the concerned RO would provide them with the letter of permission within 36 hours, she said.
The permission cell will have senior cops and officials of other departments and will be equipped with facilities such as photocopy machine, scanner, computer and telephone to expedite the process of clearance.
A candidate or a political party can seek permission from the cell a week before organising meetings and rallies while the minimum duration for application for this purpose would be 48 hours, said an official.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016