Claiming that the Hindu population was growing at a much slower rate than Christians and Muslims in the country, VHP leader Ashok Singhal Saturday said Hindu families should “produce at least five children”.
The VHP veteran said if things continued in the same way and the Common Civil Code is not implemented, Hindus would be reduced to a minority in the country. “Hindus should not restrict themselves to two children per family. Only when they produce five children will the population of Hindus remain stable,” he said.
Alleging that conversion by missionaries was on at a fast clip, he said, “We won’t be able to protect our religion if conversion is not stopped.’’ Singhal was in Bhopal to meet local VHP office-bearers. Incidentally, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is also in Bhopal.
Praising Narendra Modi as a nationalist, Singhal said more than 15,000 sants would campaign for him. He said sants had already taken a decision in this regard by endorsing the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, but added that the Parishad had nothing to do with any political party, including the BJP. Singhal said similar to the way in which BJP veteran L K Advani emerged as a leader after the 1992 Ayodhya agitation, Modi’s stature also grew after the Godhra riots. “Communal riots have stopped in Gujarat under Modi but they continue to take place wherever Congress is in power,’’ he said.
Singhal said former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee carried out nuclear tests in Pokharan despite not being in majority. He also predicted that the Ram temple would be built at Ayodhya if Modi wins with a majority of 300 seats. The VHP leader also claimed that Arvind Kejriwal was hand in glove with “Naxals and Maoists” and alleged that he was backed by powers in the US.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More