Claiming that the Hindu population was growing at a much slower rate than Christians and Muslims in the country, VHP leader Ashok Singhal Saturday said Hindu families should “produce at least five children”.
The VHP veteran said if things continued in the same way and the Common Civil Code is not implemented, Hindus would be reduced to a minority in the country. “Hindus should not restrict themselves to two children per family. Only when they produce five children will the population of Hindus remain stable,” he said.
Alleging that conversion by missionaries was on at a fast clip, he said, “We won’t be able to protect our religion if conversion is not stopped.’’ Singhal was in Bhopal to meet local VHP office-bearers. Incidentally, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is also in Bhopal.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Praising Narendra Modi as a nationalist, Singhal said more than 15,000 sants would campaign for him. He said sants had already taken a decision in this regard by endorsing the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, but added that the Parishad had nothing to do with any political party, including the BJP. Singhal said similar to the way in which BJP veteran L K Advani emerged as a leader after the 1992 Ayodhya agitation, Modi’s stature also grew after the Godhra riots. “Communal riots have stopped in Gujarat under Modi but they continue to take place wherever Congress is in power,’’ he said.
Singhal said former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee carried out nuclear tests in Pokharan despite not being in majority. He also predicted that the Ram temple would be built at Ayodhya if Modi wins with a majority of 300 seats. The VHP leader also claimed that Arvind Kejriwal was hand in glove with “Naxals and Maoists” and alleged that he was backed by powers in the US.