Sikkim Krantikari Morcha on Friday unveiled the party’s election symbol, a table lamp, at its first public meeting since the election dates were announced.
At the meeting at Sang Bazaar in East Sikkim, SKM president P S Tamang said the acquisition of an election symbol from the Election Commission was an achievement for the party which was moving ahead “despite concerted efforts by the ruling party to put obstacles”.
The party symbol was released in the presence of party supporters, locals and 913 persons who joined SKM today during the constituency level party meeting for Martam-Rumtek constituency.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
On what could become the party-slogan in the coming days, he announced that elections would be a fight between Kala-dhan (black money) and Jan-Shakti (people’s power).
Cheering crowds welcomed the SKM president who in his address said, “the SDF tried its best to get our party’s registration disqualified but we had faith in the Election Commission and we crossed all hurdles and have now been given our election symbol with which we will contest elections.