Sikkim Krantikari Morcha on Friday unveiled the party’s election symbol, a table lamp, at its first public meeting since the election dates were announced.
At the meeting at Sang Bazaar in East Sikkim, SKM president P S Tamang said the acquisition of an election symbol from the Election Commission was an achievement for the party which was moving ahead “despite concerted efforts by the ruling party to put obstacles”.
The party symbol was released in the presence of party supporters, locals and 913 persons who joined SKM today during the constituency level party meeting for Martam-Rumtek constituency.
On what could become the party-slogan in the coming days, he announced that elections would be a fight between Kala-dhan (black money) and Jan-Shakti (people’s power).
Cheering crowds welcomed the SKM president who in his address said, “the SDF tried its best to get our party’s registration disqualified but we had faith in the Election Commission and we crossed all hurdles and have now been given our election symbol with which we will contest elections.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched