Hitting out at BJP for creating controversy over his not attending the foundation stone laying ceremony for Nagpur metro rail, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Satuarday said the opposition should first go through the protocol before making hue and cry over the issue.
“I did not violate any protocol meant for the Prime Minister of the country. Those who are making an issue of me as chief minister not following the protocol do not know the rules,” Chavan told reporters after inaugurating the various buildings of newly set Kundal Academy of Development Administration and Management in Sangli.
He said that the protocol says the chief minister should welcome the prime minister during his visit to the state capital. “I had followed the protocol by welcoming prime minister in Mumbai and had attended all the three functions with him in Mumbai,” Chavan said, adding, the function at Nagpur does not involve any protocol issue.
The BJP was purposely trying to insult the chief minister of other states at the function attended by prime minister Narendra Modi, he said, adding, “I ignored the wrong treatment given to me at a function in Solapur but the same happened at Haryana and Jharkand where the chief ministers of respective states had a bad experience of BJP activists raising slogans against them in presence of prime minister.
The chief minister further said that the state government would lay foundation stone for work on phase three of Mumbai metro for which the union urban development minister Venkiah Naidu have been invited.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Chavan said the Congress and NCP would jointly campaign during the state assembly polls as done during Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier, he expressed the need to focus on forest conservation saying the drought like situation is being experienced due to the reduction in green cover and it was necessary to take up tree plantation drive and forest conservation efforts to avoid drought situation in the state.
The chief minister felicitated the forest staff that made significant contribution in forest conservation in the state and also the joint forest committee that helped change the geographical situation in the area.