Hitting out at BJP for creating controversy over his not attending the foundation stone laying ceremony for Nagpur metro rail, Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Satuarday said the opposition should first go through the protocol before making hue and cry over the issue.
“I did not violate any protocol meant for the Prime Minister of the country. Those who are making an issue of me as chief minister not following the protocol do not know the rules,” Chavan told reporters after inaugurating the various buildings of newly set Kundal Academy of Development Administration and Management in Sangli.
He said that the protocol says the chief minister should welcome the prime minister during his visit to the state capital. “I had followed the protocol by welcoming prime minister in Mumbai and had attended all the three functions with him in Mumbai,” Chavan said, adding, the function at Nagpur does not involve any protocol issue.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The BJP was purposely trying to insult the chief minister of other states at the function attended by prime minister Narendra Modi, he said, adding, “I ignored the wrong treatment given to me at a function in Solapur but the same happened at Haryana and Jharkand where the chief ministers of respective states had a bad experience of BJP activists raising slogans against them in presence of prime minister.
The chief minister further said that the state government would lay foundation stone for work on phase three of Mumbai metro for which the union urban development minister Venkiah Naidu have been invited.
Chavan said the Congress and NCP would jointly campaign during the state assembly polls as done during Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier, he expressed the need to focus on forest conservation saying the drought like situation is being experienced due to the reduction in green cover and it was necessary to take up tree plantation drive and forest conservation efforts to avoid drought situation in the state.
The chief minister felicitated the forest staff that made significant contribution in forest conservation in the state and also the joint forest committee that helped change the geographical situation in the area.