Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said it is shocking to see Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi not having the courtesy of greeting Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi following the massive mandate received by him.
“Though American President, British Prime Minister, scores of prime ministers from across the globe, including our neighbours like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have greeted Narendra Modi, the Congress president and vice president do not have the courtesy or the basic culture of India to greet the person who has got such a massive mandate,” Naidu told reporters in Hyderabad.
People of the country have punished Congress for its alleged failure to keep up promises, and the corruption, misrule and policy paralysis, he claimed.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Asked whether RSS would be a power centre with the BJP all set to form the government, Naidu said BJP takes its own decisions on political issues and the Sangh does not interfere in it.
“We are Swayamsevaks and we go to Sangh’s office, meet people and talk to Sangh leadership. I worked as party’s national president when in power. I never had any such experience. RSS did not put any pressure on any issue. This debate is going on in media.
“There will be no power centre. The (BJP) leadership takes decision after holding consultations with all. You have seen the mandate for Narendra Modi. He is the party’s leader and he will be prime minister and NDA’s leader. We will move ahead under his leadership,” he said.
Replying to a query about government formation, he said the BJP’s parliamentary party would meet on Tuesday to elect the leader.
“The President would be informed about it. It is not good to talk about the matter at this juncture. I do not want to give any comment now,” he said.