Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu said it is shocking to see Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi not having the courtesy of greeting Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi following the massive mandate received by him.
“Though American President, British Prime Minister, scores of prime ministers from across the globe, including our neighbours like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have greeted Narendra Modi, the Congress president and vice president do not have the courtesy or the basic culture of India to greet the person who has got such a massive mandate,” Naidu told reporters in Hyderabad.
People of the country have punished Congress for its alleged failure to keep up promises, and the corruption, misrule and policy paralysis, he claimed.
Asked whether RSS would be a power centre with the BJP all set to form the government, Naidu said BJP takes its own decisions on political issues and the Sangh does not interfere in it.
“We are Swayamsevaks and we go to Sangh’s office, meet people and talk to Sangh leadership. I worked as party’s national president when in power. I never had any such experience. RSS did not put any pressure on any issue. This debate is going on in media.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“There will be no power centre. The (BJP) leadership takes decision after holding consultations with all. You have seen the mandate for Narendra Modi. He is the party’s leader and he will be prime minister and NDA’s leader. We will move ahead under his leadership,” he said.
Replying to a query about government formation, he said the BJP’s parliamentary party would meet on Tuesday to elect the leader.
“The President would be informed about it. It is not good to talk about the matter at this juncture. I do not want to give any comment now,” he said.