Shiv Sena MP Gajanan Babar, denied a ticket from Maval, will join Raj Thackeray’s MNS. Babar has accused the party of having been bribed to give the ticket to Shrirang Barne, inducted from the Congress.
Babar, who had unofficially formed a “Babar Sena” in the party, will join the MNS at a rally to be addressed by Raj Thackeray in Pune Monday. “I have made up my mind to join the MNS. I have been in touch with the MNS for long,” he said Sunday. Last week, 45 Sena office-bearers had quit in Maval. Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe said, “Babar joining a party like MNS was expected.”
Babar will follow a number of MPs who have quit the Shiv Sena in a month or so. Bhausaheb Waghchoure and Ganesh Dudhgaonkar have joined the Congress and Anand Paranjaype the NCP, as has four-time MP Mohan Rawle the NCP.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sena spokesperson Rahul Narvekar, who withdrew from the legislative council elections, joined the NCP Monday and is now the candidate from Maval.
Babar attacked Uddhav Thackeray’s leadership. “Under Uddhav’s leadership, there is no room for committed leaders like me. I have served the party 44 years and they did not even have the courtesy to inform me I would not be given the ticket… It is clear that money has changed hands. I do not give money, I do not take money. This probably went against me.”
Babar has extended support to Laxman Jagtap, who has the support of the MNS and Peasants and Workers Party.