Shiv Sena leader Anant Geete, who took charge of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises Ministry today, said his party will get “good ministry” in the next Cabinet reshuffle.
He said Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray had a “satisfactory” discussion with Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the portfolio allocation and the party will get an important ministry when the “Cabinet reshuffle” takes place.
Geete sought to play down the reports that Shiv Sena, the oldest ally of the BJP, was unhappy over being given only one ministerial berth and that too Heavy Industries portfolio in the government.
“This (that I was unhappy) is not true. However, since the party I come from, Shiv Sena, is connected to the people, party chief Uddhav Thackeray expected me to be given a ministry which is connected to the people,” Geete told reporters here.
“Uddhav Thackeray discussed this issue with Prime Minister Narendra Modi today morning. Our discussions have been satisfactory. In the future whenever there is a cabinet reshuffle Shiv Sena will be given a good ministry,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Shiv Sena has secured as many as 18 seats in the Lok Sabha, making it the second largest party in the NDA.