Shiv Sena workers feel that Uddhav Thackeray should become the next chief minister of Maharashtra, senior party leader Manohar Joshi said here on Wednesday.
“It is the desire of party workers and even my own wish that Uddhavji becomes the Chief Minister,” Joshi, a former occupant of the post during the Sena-BJP government in the 1990s, told PTI here, on the sidelines of the two-day meeting of state Shiv Sena functionaries, which got underway in suburban Bandra.
However, the former Lok Sabha Speaker, added a word of caution for “overzealous” Shiv Sainiks. “It is too early to speak about who will occupy the post. Shiv Sena workers should start full preparations to get more number of seats (than ally BJP) in the assembly elections, which are four months away,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This is because there is this old formula that the party getting maximum number of seats has the claim over the CM’s post,” he said.