In a riposte to former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari’s recent overtures to MNS chief Raj Thackeray, the Shiv Sena on Friday decided to field its candidates in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi for the Lok Sabha elections.
“We have our alliance with BJP in Maharashtra, not in UP. We will strive to expand our party in other parts of the country. Shiv Sena will field 20 candidates in Uttar Pradesh,” Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut told reporters.
Similarly, the Uddhav Thackeray-led party will also contest the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar (on 5 seats) and Delhi (7 seats), said Raut.
Shiv Sena is said to be miffed due to the recent strain developed in the relations between Uddhav and Gadkari over the latter’s luncheon meeting with the MNS chief in Mumbai on March 3.
Meanwhile, Uddhav’s son and Yuva Sena president Aaditya Thackeray in a tweet said that Sena would not field candidates against BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Modi (who will contest LS election from Varanasi in UP) and saffron party chief Rajnath Singh (contesting from Lucknow).
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Those who even believe such funny rumours, well, I feel sorry for them. Therefore, obv not contesting in Varanasi and Lucknow,” Aaditya tweeted.