In a riposte to former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari’s recent overtures to MNS chief Raj Thackeray, the Shiv Sena on Friday decided to field its candidates in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Delhi for the Lok Sabha elections.
“We have our alliance with BJP in Maharashtra, not in UP. We will strive to expand our party in other parts of the country. Shiv Sena will field 20 candidates in Uttar Pradesh,” Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut told reporters.
Similarly, the Uddhav Thackeray-led party will also contest the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar (on 5 seats) and Delhi (7 seats), said Raut.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Shiv Sena is said to be miffed due to the recent strain developed in the relations between Uddhav and Gadkari over the latter’s luncheon meeting with the MNS chief in Mumbai on March 3.
Meanwhile, Uddhav’s son and Yuva Sena president Aaditya Thackeray in a tweet said that Sena would not field candidates against BJP’s prime ministerial nominee Modi (who will contest LS election from Varanasi in UP) and saffron party chief Rajnath Singh (contesting from Lucknow).
“Those who even believe such funny rumours, well, I feel sorry for them. Therefore, obv not contesting in Varanasi and Lucknow,” Aaditya tweeted.