Shiv Sena spokesman Rahul Narvekar, who recently withdrew his candidature from the Maharashtra Legislative Council elections, on Monday joined NCP and will contest the Lok Sabha polls on the party’s ticket from the Maval constituency.
He joined NCP in the presence of senior leader and deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar here.
Narvekar, son-in-law of senior NCP leader Ramraje Naik Nimbalkar, was the spokesman of Youth Wing of Shiv Sena, which is headed by party president Uddhav Thackeray’s son Aditya.
The Sena leader was apparently sulking over the withdrawal of his nomination and had recently met NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
His withdrawal from the fray had paved the way for nine candidates getting elected to the Legislative Council unopposed.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Narvekar, who was his party’s face on English language news channels, had said he sit out of the Council elections on the direction of the Sena leadership.
Gajanan Babar, the sitting MP from Maval, recently quit Shiv Sena after being denied the ticket.