Shiv Sena spokesman Rahul Narvekar, who recently withdrew his candidature from the Maharashtra Legislative Council elections, on Monday joined NCP and will contest the Lok Sabha polls on the party’s ticket from the Maval constituency.
He joined NCP in the presence of senior leader and deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar here.
Narvekar, son-in-law of senior NCP leader Ramraje Naik Nimbalkar, was the spokesman of Youth Wing of Shiv Sena, which is headed by party president Uddhav Thackeray’s son Aditya.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Sena leader was apparently sulking over the withdrawal of his nomination and had recently met NCP chief Sharad Pawar.
His withdrawal from the fray had paved the way for nine candidates getting elected to the Legislative Council unopposed.
Narvekar, who was his party’s face on English language news channels, had said he sit out of the Council elections on the direction of the Sena leadership.
Gajanan Babar, the sitting MP from Maval, recently quit Shiv Sena after being denied the ticket.