Shiromani Akali Dal President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday, said the party will soon hold a discussion with the Union Home Ministry on the issue of 1984 anti-Sikh riots to put perpetrators of heinous crime behind bars.
“SAD will soon discuss the ongoing legal proceedings with the Union Home Minister to ensure proper investigations and early hearings of the cases to put the perpetrators of heinous crime (1984 anti-Sikh riots) behind bars,” said Badal after paying obeisance at Golden Temple here along with his wife and Union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
He asserted that the time has come to punish the architects of “Sikh genocide”.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Accusing previous UPA led Centre of shielding “culprits” of anti-Sikh riots, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister said the new NDA led government at the Centre has build up the trust of Sikhs who have been fighting for the last 30 years to get justice.
Badal said SAD was confident that Centre led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi would deliver justice as early as possible by adopting every legal and administrative measure.
Answering a query regarding recently concluded Lok Sabha poll results, SAD President said they accept and respect the mandate of people in Punjab.
He said SAD-BJP will soon start introspection exercise to gauge the performance of government vis-à-vis parties.
He said the main focus of the ruling combine will would all round development of state and welfare of all sections of society.
Badal also reviewed Rs 78.08 crore Golden Temple Plaza project and issued directions to the authorities concerned to conclude the construction before given deadline.
Badal said the plaza will be open for public in August. He also reviewed the construction of multipurpose hall and state-of-the-art information centre. He said there will also be a world class waiting hall for devotees and tourists.
Meanwhile, Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said the development in food processing sector will be her priority and special efforts would be launched in this regard.
She said proposals for setting up of food processing units in Punjab and other states will be approved without any delay for the facilitation of peasantry.