Shiromani Akali Dal President Sukhbir Singh Badal on Friday, said the party will soon hold a discussion with the Union Home Ministry on the issue of 1984 anti-Sikh riots to put perpetrators of heinous crime behind bars.
“SAD will soon discuss the ongoing legal proceedings with the Union Home Minister to ensure proper investigations and early hearings of the cases to put the perpetrators of heinous crime (1984 anti-Sikh riots) behind bars,” said Badal after paying obeisance at Golden Temple here along with his wife and Union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
He asserted that the time has come to punish the architects of “Sikh genocide”.
Accusing previous UPA led Centre of shielding “culprits” of anti-Sikh riots, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister said the new NDA led government at the Centre has build up the trust of Sikhs who have been fighting for the last 30 years to get justice.
Badal said SAD was confident that Centre led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi would deliver justice as early as possible by adopting every legal and administrative measure.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Answering a query regarding recently concluded Lok Sabha poll results, SAD President said they accept and respect the mandate of people in Punjab.
He said SAD-BJP will soon start introspection exercise to gauge the performance of government vis-à-vis parties.
He said the main focus of the ruling combine will would all round development of state and welfare of all sections of society.
Badal also reviewed Rs 78.08 crore Golden Temple Plaza project and issued directions to the authorities concerned to conclude the construction before given deadline.
Badal said the plaza will be open for public in August. He also reviewed the construction of multipurpose hall and state-of-the-art information centre. He said there will also be a world class waiting hall for devotees and tourists.
Meanwhile, Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said the development in food processing sector will be her priority and special efforts would be launched in this regard.
She said proposals for setting up of food processing units in Punjab and other states will be approved without any delay for the facilitation of peasantry.