Miffed over BJP high command’s offer to contest from any Delhi Lok Sabha seat, Patna Saheb MP Shatrughan Sinha has made it clear that he can “leave the seat only for Narendra Modi, not for Ravishankar Prasad or anyone else”. Sinha told party chief Rajnath Singh that Patna Saheb was his “first and last choice” under “normal” circumstances.
Sinha was upset at his candidature not being announced for Patna Saheb on Thursday when candidates for 25 of the 30 Bihar Lok Sabha seats it would contest were announced. Ten seats have gone to alliance partners LJP and RLSP. BJP is yet to announce candidates from Patna Saheb, Supaul, Jhanjharpur, Maharajganj and Buxar. While the party is caught between Shatrughan Sinha and Ravishankar Prasad for Patna Saheb, the party has a tough choice between singer Manoj Tiwari and Sukhda Pandey for Buxar.
Sources told The Indian Express that Shatrughan Sinha had already spoken to Rajnath Singh and “sorted out” the matter. Sinha supporters had been giving the logic of him being the sitting MP, who “nursed the constituency with his frequent visits”. But the party leadership wants to give a chance to Ravishankar Prasad, who has “missed out on contesting from Patna Saheb” on previous occasions.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Prasad, however, has seldom spoken about his desire to contest LS polls. “I am a small party worker and should not be matter of discussion,” he said recently to journalists’ query on contesting coming polls.