Miffed over BJP high command’s offer to contest from any Delhi Lok Sabha seat, Patna Saheb MP Shatrughan Sinha has made it clear that he can “leave the seat only for Narendra Modi, not for Ravishankar Prasad or anyone else”. Sinha told party chief Rajnath Singh that Patna Saheb was his “first and last choice” under “normal” circumstances.
Sinha was upset at his candidature not being announced for Patna Saheb on Thursday when candidates for 25 of the 30 Bihar Lok Sabha seats it would contest were announced. Ten seats have gone to alliance partners LJP and RLSP. BJP is yet to announce candidates from Patna Saheb, Supaul, Jhanjharpur, Maharajganj and Buxar. While the party is caught between Shatrughan Sinha and Ravishankar Prasad for Patna Saheb, the party has a tough choice between singer Manoj Tiwari and Sukhda Pandey for Buxar.
Sources told The Indian Express that Shatrughan Sinha had already spoken to Rajnath Singh and “sorted out” the matter. Sinha supporters had been giving the logic of him being the sitting MP, who “nursed the constituency with his frequent visits”. But the party leadership wants to give a chance to Ravishankar Prasad, who has “missed out on contesting from Patna Saheb” on previous occasions.
Prasad, however, has seldom spoken about his desire to contest LS polls. “I am a small party worker and should not be matter of discussion,” he said recently to journalists’ query on contesting coming polls.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016