Already at the centre of a storm for making remarks about the BJP’s handling of the logjam in Parliament, BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha on Thursday met Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. Sinha lauded the AAP government’s efforts much to the chagrin of the Delhi BJP, who claimed Sinha was working towards getting expelled from the party.
The AAP and Sinha played down the hour-long meeting in Kejriwal’s house. Deputy CM Manish Sisodia and AAP leader Ashutosh were also present.
Sources in the AAP said the leaders met to discuss the ongoing FTII issue. “The issue needs to be resolved. They met to discuss how Delhi can be made a city hub for art and culture. Nothing political was discussed. They spoke about how they could work together to make Delhi better and give more opportunities for art and culture to flourish,” a senior leader said.
- AAP vs Chief Secretary: Let go of ego, resume work, says party to officers
- Delhi Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: BJP wants Arvind Kejriwal to step down, Congress seeks his apology
- Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash alleges assault by Delhi MLAs at CM Kejriwal’s residence, AAP refutes claim
- Shatrughan Sinha calls out BJP on Rajasthan bypoll loss, Babul Supriyo tells him to give triple talaq to party
- Delhi sealing row: BJP alleges leaders attacked at meeting with Kejriwal, AAP says everything on camera
- AAP MLAs withdraw plea from Delhi HC seeking stay on EC’s recommendation to disqualify them
“We want to open a film city in Delhi and that is what I discussed with Sinha in the meeting,” Kejriwal later told reporters.
According to PTI, Sinha said the discussions were about “art and culture”.
“The Noida Film City plan did not work out. So, Kejriwal explored the possibility of reviving the plan. Delhi is often considered as a base for shooting in the Himalayas. So, even this option was explored,” said a senior AAP leader.
Sinha said he “likes” Kejriwal as a chief minister. “His government was working fine. There was no discussion on Bihar elections or any other political subject…It’s not a crime to meet the Delhi CM,” Sinha told PTI.
He had met the Bihar CM after Modi’s rally in Patna last month.