Dismissing BJP’s charge of return of ‘Jungle Raj’ in Bihar over killing of engineers for extortion in the state, disgruntled party leader Shatrughan Sinha said performance of a government could not be judged in a short period of time.
When asked about BJP and its allies’ ‘jungle raj’ barb on the ruling coalition, the Patna Sahib MP today said it was “no way to judge performance of a government in such a short period of time.”
“Even the honeymoon period of the new government in Bihar is not yet over,” Sinha said about the JD(U), RJD and Congress alliance government in the state which is less than two months old.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Shatrughan Sinha: My 'Dil ki Baat' makes me stand out, but proves costly
- In Modi versus Nitish battle, 'Shotgun' Shatrughan Sinha shoots himself in the foot
- Shatrughan Sinha clarifies tweets, says 'feeling happy or sad is not anti-party activity'
- Shatrughan Sinha swears allegiance to BJP, but says nobody knows the future
- Now,Shatrughan raises Narendra Modi row to new level,invokes Amitabh Bachchan
- Shotgun ready for 'star war' with Shekhar Suman
“What is happening in Delhi or for that matter Maharashtra (where BJP-Shiv Sena coalition government is in power),” asked Sinha, who had kept himself off from recent Bihar elections campaign to protest “conspiracy” of a few state leaders against him.
“Negative politics never work. I do not appreciate practice of negative politics,” Sinha said.
Earlier, senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi and others citing Darbhanga murder of two engineers and a few other cases of crime in Vaishali and elsewhere had raised the slogan of “jungle raj-2”. Union Minister and LJP President Ram Vilas Paswan had also sharpened attack on law and order situation in Bihar.
The Hindustani Awam Morcha chief Jitan Ram Manjhi has even threatened to launch an agitation against the alleged spiralling crime graph.
The actor-turned BJP leader, whose comment on many occasions left the party embarrassed during the recent Bihar poll, regret ted that “a serious introspection of the defeat has not yet been made.”
“Without diagnosis of the problem, how can we move ahead with strength,” said Sinha, second term Lok Sabha MP who earlier served as cabinet minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.