NCP, an alliance partner of Congress in the Democratic Front government of Maharashtra, will sound the bugle for upcoming Assembly elections at a meeting to be addressed by party president Sharad Pawar on Sunday.
“Pawar will address party workers tomorrow and spell out the party’s roadmap in the wake of the crushing defeat of the Congress-NCP coalition in the just-concluded Lok Sabha polls,” said NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik.
NCP will celebrate its 15th anniversary on June 10.
In its worst-ever defeat, the Sharad Pawar-led party was reduced to just four seats in general elections while its ally Congress managed to win only two seats.
The NDA alliance won 42 out of 48 seats in the state.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, NCP Working President and Medical Education Minister Jitendra Awhad said today that “there is a growing demand in his party that its president Sharad Pawar takes on the leadership mantle in the state to bail it out of the difficult period”.
Assembly elections are due later this year.