“Atalji never asked votes for himself but for the party which he always held supreme, whereas Modi as a leader is all out to break the country,” Pawar said while addressing a rally in support of the party candidate Anand Paranjape who is contesting from Kalyan Lok Sabha seat.
Pawar also took a dig at Modi over his recent gaffes.”He (Modi) did not know anything about history of the country. He also lacks knowledge about the freedom struggle and is dreaming to become prime minister,” Pawar said. Pawar took potshots at Shiv Sena leadership over “exodus” of leaders from the party in recent past.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“There is an exodus from Shiv Sena, and party leadership should do a soul searching on this,” the NCP chief said.”Sena MP Waghchaure joined Congress, Anand Paranjape deserted Shiv Sena, Ganesh Dudhgaonkar too joined NCP in a public meeting without asking for ticket,” Pawar said.
Bhausaheb Waghchaure, a sitting Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi,recently joined Congress after he was denied renomination, whereas Paranjape who was elected on Sena ticket had joined NCP last year. Dudhgaonkar was Shiv Sena MP from Parbhani before he defected to NCP.
In his speech, Paranjape said, “the campaigning by Sena-BJP combine against him is centred only on their perception that I betrayed the party”. Senior NCP minister Ganesh Naik also spoke on the occasion.