“Atalji never asked votes for himself but for the party which he always held supreme, whereas Modi as a leader is all out to break the country,” Pawar said while addressing a rally in support of the party candidate Anand Paranjape who is contesting from Kalyan Lok Sabha seat.
Pawar also took a dig at Modi over his recent gaffes.”He (Modi) did not know anything about history of the country. He also lacks knowledge about the freedom struggle and is dreaming to become prime minister,” Pawar said. Pawar took potshots at Shiv Sena leadership over “exodus” of leaders from the party in recent past.
“There is an exodus from Shiv Sena, and party leadership should do a soul searching on this,” the NCP chief said.”Sena MP Waghchaure joined Congress, Anand Paranjape deserted Shiv Sena, Ganesh Dudhgaonkar too joined NCP in a public meeting without asking for ticket,” Pawar said.
Bhausaheb Waghchaure, a sitting Shiv Sena MP from Shirdi,recently joined Congress after he was denied renomination, whereas Paranjape who was elected on Sena ticket had joined NCP last year. Dudhgaonkar was Shiv Sena MP from Parbhani before he defected to NCP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In his speech, Paranjape said, “the campaigning by Sena-BJP combine against him is centred only on their perception that I betrayed the party”. Senior NCP minister Ganesh Naik also spoke on the occasion.