Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Saturday said NCP chief Sharad Pawar has been harbouring ambition to become prime minister since long and is now venting his “frustration” by attacking Narendra Modi.
“Since last several years, I have been hearing that he (Pawar) is going to become prime minister by cobbling together small parties. Now, he is expressing his frustration by criticising Modi,” Munde said addressing a press conference.
Pawar has been attacking BJP’s PM candidate as poll campaign is hotting up. He had recently said that Modi appears to be in a hurry to grab the PM’s post and power.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Munde criticised the NCP chief over his “double voting” remarks and said they did not augur well for democracy.
“The statement by a heavyweight leader like Pawar to encourage and appeal electorates to vote twice is not good for democracy,” the deputy leader of opposition in Lok Sabha said.
Meanwhile, two former NCP MLAs, namely Bhimrao Dhonde and Sahebrao Darekar who belonged to Ashti tehsil in Munde’s Lok Sabha constituency Beed, formally joined BJP in his presence.
Munde is taking on NCP minister Suresh Dhas from Beed seat.
“Fifty per cent of NCP workers are unhappy over Dhas’ nomination. He did not do any developmental work there,” Munde said.
Darekar also took a dig at NCP saying it has become a party of “wealthy people”.