Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Saturday said NCP chief Sharad Pawar has been harbouring ambition to become prime minister since long and is now venting his “frustration” by attacking Narendra Modi.
“Since last several years, I have been hearing that he (Pawar) is going to become prime minister by cobbling together small parties. Now, he is expressing his frustration by criticising Modi,” Munde said addressing a press conference.
Pawar has been attacking BJP’s PM candidate as poll campaign is hotting up. He had recently said that Modi appears to be in a hurry to grab the PM’s post and power.
Munde criticised the NCP chief over his “double voting” remarks and said they did not augur well for democracy.
“The statement by a heavyweight leader like Pawar to encourage and appeal electorates to vote twice is not good for democracy,” the deputy leader of opposition in Lok Sabha said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, two former NCP MLAs, namely Bhimrao Dhonde and Sahebrao Darekar who belonged to Ashti tehsil in Munde’s Lok Sabha constituency Beed, formally joined BJP in his presence.
Munde is taking on NCP minister Suresh Dhas from Beed seat.
“Fifty per cent of NCP workers are unhappy over Dhas’ nomination. He did not do any developmental work there,” Munde said.
Darekar also took a dig at NCP saying it has become a party of “wealthy people”.