A day after Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said he would be “happy” to see NCP chief Sharad Pawar as the prime minister of India, the latter Sunday dodged a question on whether he wished to occupy the office. Though Pawar did not completely rule out the idea, he reiterated that he did not wish to contest Lok Sabha elections.
“I have already announced that I am not going to contest Lok Sabha elections. People can deduce (what he wants) from this decision,” Pawar said at the launch of Krishi Vasant, an agriculture fair to be organised the government in Nagpur next month. Shinde, who is known to be good Pawar’s good friend, had said on Saturday the latter was a victim of Delhi politics and he had no doubt in supporting Pawar for the post of PM.
The NCP had reacted saying Pawar was not in the race for the top job. “We all know Sharad Pawar is the most capable leader to become the PM. But he is not in the race. The NCP understands its political limitations. The party contests limited seats in the Lok Sabha, which makes it difficult to stake claim for the top post. The arithmetic is not in our favour,” party chief spokesperson Nawab Malik had said.
Earlier, Pawar had indicated that he would spend more time in organisational work for the party and return as MP through the Rajya Sabha. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is a Rajya Sabha MP.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn