President Sharad Yadav dismissed any challenge from Pappu Yadav, fielded by RJD and Congress jointly, in the Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency from where he filed his nomination today seeking re-election for the fourth time.
Asked about the challenge thrown to his re-electon bid by rival Pappu Yadav, Sharad Yadav sarcastically asked, “Why are you lowering my stature by taking his name?”
Sharad highlighted work done by him for the area and said many more work needed to be done. He said as people’s representative, he had raised the issue of scam in Commonwealth Games following which Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi was arrested.
Before submitting his nomination to the district magistrate-cum-Returning officer Gopal Meena, Sharad marched through the streets of Madhepura town. Madhepura will go to polls in the fourth phase on April 30. In previous elections in the constituency, Sharad Yadav had defeated Lalu Prasad and lost to him once.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation