- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Sharad files nomination; says faces no challenge from RJD-Cong
President Sharad Yadav dismissed any challenge from Pappu Yadav, fielded by RJD and Congress jointly, in the Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency from where he filed his nomination today seeking re-election for the fourth time.
Asked about the challenge thrown to his re-electon bid by rival Pappu Yadav, Sharad Yadav sarcastically asked, “Why are you lowering my stature by taking his name?”
Sharad highlighted work done by him for the area and said many more work needed to be done. He said as people’s representative, he had raised the issue of scam in Commonwealth Games following which Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi was arrested.
Before submitting his nomination to the district magistrate-cum-Returning officer Gopal Meena, Sharad marched through the streets of Madhepura town. Madhepura will go to polls in the fourth phase on April 30. In previous elections in the constituency, Sharad Yadav had defeated Lalu Prasad and lost to him once.