President Sharad Yadav dismissed any challenge from Pappu Yadav, fielded by RJD and Congress jointly, in the Madhepura Lok Sabha constituency from where he filed his nomination today seeking re-election for the fourth time.
Asked about the challenge thrown to his re-electon bid by rival Pappu Yadav, Sharad Yadav sarcastically asked, “Why are you lowering my stature by taking his name?”
Sharad highlighted work done by him for the area and said many more work needed to be done. He said as people’s representative, he had raised the issue of scam in Commonwealth Games following which Congress leader Suresh Kalmadi was arrested.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Before submitting his nomination to the district magistrate-cum-Returning officer Gopal Meena, Sharad marched through the streets of Madhepura town. Madhepura will go to polls in the fourth phase on April 30. In previous elections in the constituency, Sharad Yadav had defeated Lalu Prasad and lost to him once.