Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said on Thursday that Andhra Pradesh has not lost anything after granting separate statehood to the Telangana region.
He said the separation would give a chance to develop backward regions of the residual Andhra Pradesh state, for which special packages would be provided by the Congress.
Campaigning for Congress candidates in Tuni town of East Godavari district, he said, “There was no loss to Andhra Pradesh by granting separate statehood to Telangana. There is every chance to develop backward regions in Andhra Pradesh. For the development of these regions, our party will provide special packages.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“After bifurcation, the Polavaram project came to Andhra Pradesh. This will benefit a lot of farmers,” he said. He said that right from its inception, Congress initiated developmental activities for the benefit of the downtrodden, weaker sections of society, minorities and others in the country.
He said that though some parties have been making false propaganda to tarnish Congress’s image, the party was not affected by it. There has been no loss to the Congress even though some leaders left the party, since youth are being given more opportunities to strengthen the party.
Later, at a road show in which Chiranjeevi participated, Congress candidate D Panduranga Rao said that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) government did not develop the Tuni assembly seat, while during the nine-year rule of Congress, a flyover bridge, drainage and roads were developed and a proposal has been sent to the government to construct a wall to protect low-lying areas affected by rains, floods and natural calamities. He predicted that the people would elect the Congress to power.