Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi said on Thursday that Andhra Pradesh has not lost anything after granting separate statehood to the Telangana region.
He said the separation would give a chance to develop backward regions of the residual Andhra Pradesh state, for which special packages would be provided by the Congress.
Campaigning for Congress candidates in Tuni town of East Godavari district, he said, “There was no loss to Andhra Pradesh by granting separate statehood to Telangana. There is every chance to develop backward regions in Andhra Pradesh. For the development of these regions, our party will provide special packages.”
“After bifurcation, the Polavaram project came to Andhra Pradesh. This will benefit a lot of farmers,” he said. He said that right from its inception, Congress initiated developmental activities for the benefit of the downtrodden, weaker sections of society, minorities and others in the country.
He said that though some parties have been making false propaganda to tarnish Congress’s image, the party was not affected by it. There has been no loss to the Congress even though some leaders left the party, since youth are being given more opportunities to strengthen the party.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Later, at a road show in which Chiranjeevi participated, Congress candidate D Panduranga Rao said that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) government did not develop the Tuni assembly seat, while during the nine-year rule of Congress, a flyover bridge, drainage and roads were developed and a proposal has been sent to the government to construct a wall to protect low-lying areas affected by rains, floods and natural calamities. He predicted that the people would elect the Congress to power.