Senior IAS officer Rajeev Topno was on Wednesday appointed Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi even as the government cleared the names of private secretaries to two of his Cabinet colleagues after having put on hold some of these appointments.
Topno, a 1996 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre who was already working as Director in the Prime Minister’s Office, has been appointed Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, according to an official order issued today .
IAS officers Sameer Verma and B V R C Purushottam have been appointed PS to Uma Bharati, Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, and M Venkaiah Naidu, Parliamentary Affairs Minister, respectively.
Verma is a 2002 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre and Purushottam is a 2004 batch IAS officer of Uttarakhand cadre.
The orders for appointment of Verma and Purushottam were issued yesterday following approval of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC). Their tenure will be co-terminus with that of the ministers, the order said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A controversy has erupted after the appointment of PS to three Union Minister, including Home Minister Rajnath Singh, a decision which was put on hold.
Rajnath Singh has proposed IPS officer Alok Singh, who had served in the same capacity to Salman Khurshid as External Affairs Minister during UPA rule, as his PS. However, Alok Singh’s appointment was not cleared by Modi, official sources said.