Hitting out at the Congress for raking up the issue of Narendra Modi’s marriage, the Shiv Sena on Monday accused it of “poking nose” into the private life of the BJP PM nominee and said the grand old party’s bid to make it an issue of national campaign re-affirmed its bankruptcy.
“Modi’s marriage was just a formality. Swami Samarth Ramdas ran way from the midst of his wedding rituals to dedicate his life for society. While Modi and his wife mutually separated and Modi went on to be the RSS pracharak. Why should the Congress speak for Jasodhaben, when she has no complaints,” an editorial in party mouth piece ‘Saamna’ said.
The edit ridiculed Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, a bachelor, for targeting Modi over his personal matters and also dragged Union Minister Shashi Tharoor into it, saying that if the Congress was so concerned about Jasodhaben it should also take up the cause of Sunanda Pushkar, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances.
“Foolish people turn blind eye to their own mistakes and feel sense of pride to find fault in others,” it said.
“What has Modi’s marriage got to do with common man and issues of price rise, corruption,” the editorial asked.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Will anti-India activities in our neighbourhood stop, will Dawood Ibrahim be brought back to the country. Will farmers’ suicides in Maharashtra end ?,” it said and went on to add that Gujarat’s development did not stop because Modi had not mentioned his wife’s name in the election affidavit.
“Those who feel by raking up this issue, they can put Modi in legal trouble are living in fool’s paradise,” the edit said, referring to Congress complaint to EC.
Last week, in an election rally at Doda, Rahul led the Congress charge against Modi for suppressing his marital status and had also alleged that the Gujarat Police, at the behest of the BJP leader, had “stalked” a young woman violating her privacy using official machinery.
“What kind of women’s empowerment and dignity is this ?” Rahul had asked.