Continuing to target Nitin Gadkari over his plea to Raj Thackeray not to field candidates in Lok Sabha polls, Shiv Sena on Wednesday said the senior BJP is a “businessman, who has inked a deal with the MNS chief.
Gadkari, who enjoys a good rapport with Raj Thackeray, had met him at a suburban five-star hotel two days back, triggering speculation that BJP was trying to win over the MNS chief into NDA for upcoming elections even as he said there was no reason for Shiv Sena to be annoyed by his meeting with Raj.There is no doubt in the mind of the people of Maharashtra that BJP leader Nitin Gadkari is a thorough businessman. In the field of politics also he has developed a skill to get whatever he wants without investing any capital,”Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said in the editorial of his party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’.
“Gadkari is so skilled that without offering any ‘dakshina’ (money given for one’s services) to the MNS chief,he has sought his support.And there are reports that without paying or accepting any toll, the MNS chief has agreed to accept Gadkari’s plea,” the Sena chief said taking a dig at Raj over his recent agitation against toll.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Gadkari asked the MNS chief not to field MNS nominees to avoid division in vote against Congress, which may harm Narendra Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister,” he said.
If Gadkari has such reservations, then it may also arise questions in the mind of common people whether the Modi wave is really strong enough, Thackeray said.
“Modi is a strong leader and he has created a storm. There is a strong wave in favour of Modi not only there in Maharashtra, but in the entire country and Shiv Sena is strongly behind him. The Mahayuti (the five-party opposition alliance including Sena, BJP) has entered into the fray to win as many seats to support Modi become the Prime Minister,” he said.
”If Modi is great, the people of Maharashtra will wholeheartedly vote for him. Therefore, nobody should be concerned about the division of votes,” Thackeray added.