Continuing to target Nitin Gadkari over his plea to Raj Thackeray not to field candidates in Lok Sabha polls, Shiv Sena on Wednesday said the senior BJP is a “businessman, who has inked a deal with the MNS chief.
Gadkari, who enjoys a good rapport with Raj Thackeray, had met him at a suburban five-star hotel two days back, triggering speculation that BJP was trying to win over the MNS chief into NDA for upcoming elections even as he said there was no reason for Shiv Sena to be annoyed by his meeting with Raj.There is no doubt in the mind of the people of Maharashtra that BJP leader Nitin Gadkari is a thorough businessman. In the field of politics also he has developed a skill to get whatever he wants without investing any capital,”Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray said in the editorial of his party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’.
“Gadkari is so skilled that without offering any ‘dakshina’ (money given for one’s services) to the MNS chief,he has sought his support.And there are reports that without paying or accepting any toll, the MNS chief has agreed to accept Gadkari’s plea,” the Sena chief said taking a dig at Raj over his recent agitation against toll.
“Gadkari asked the MNS chief not to field MNS nominees to avoid division in vote against Congress, which may harm Narendra Modi’s chances of becoming the Prime Minister,” he said.
If Gadkari has such reservations, then it may also arise questions in the mind of common people whether the Modi wave is really strong enough, Thackeray said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Modi is a strong leader and he has created a storm. There is a strong wave in favour of Modi not only there in Maharashtra, but in the entire country and Shiv Sena is strongly behind him. The Mahayuti (the five-party opposition alliance including Sena, BJP) has entered into the fray to win as many seats to support Modi become the Prime Minister,” he said.
”If Modi is great, the people of Maharashtra will wholeheartedly vote for him. Therefore, nobody should be concerned about the division of votes,” Thackeray added.