Some Union ministers from Seemandhra region of Andhra Pradesh on Monday met BJP leader L K Advani seeking BJP’s support for a package for the region following the decision to create a separate Telangana state. The Congress ministers were accompanied by BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu in their meeting with Advani at his residence on Monday morning.
During the 25-minute meeting, the Union ministers urged Advani to support a handsome package for Seemandhra to ensure its all round development in the coming years. Union Ministers K S Rao, M M Pallam Raju, Purandeshwari were present in the meeting, but Union Minister of State for Finance J D Seelam did not attend the deliberations, sources said.
After the meeting, Advani is learnt to have briefed his party colleagues, Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and her Rajya Sabha counterpart Arun Jaitley on the demands raised by the Union Ministers. While BJP supports the creation of Telangana, it is opposed to the passage of the bill amid din in the Lok Sabha.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations