Security forces are fully geared up to conduct the Lok Sabha polls peacefully, particularly in Maoist-affected districts, in Jharkhand.
“The CRPF along with other security agencies is fully geared up to conduct free, fair and fearless elections in the state,” Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said today.
“We are prepared to meet any challenge wherever Maoist influence is there,” Rao told reporters to a question that 13 districts have been identified by the Centre as ” highly sensitive” for Maoist activities.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The 13 Jharkhand districts are part of the 33 districts spread in Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
As per a recent circular issued by the union home ministry asking all Maoist-hit states to step up anti-naxal operations, Jharkhand police were already on a “mission mode” with arrests of rebels and recovery of weapons and explosives among others, a senior police officer said.