Security forces are fully geared up to conduct the Lok Sabha polls peacefully, particularly in Maoist-affected districts, in Jharkhand.
“The CRPF along with other security agencies is fully geared up to conduct free, fair and fearless elections in the state,” Inspector General of Police (CRPF) M V Rao said today.
“We are prepared to meet any challenge wherever Maoist influence is there,” Rao told reporters to a question that 13 districts have been identified by the Centre as ” highly sensitive” for Maoist activities.
The 13 Jharkhand districts are part of the 33 districts spread in Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh.
As per a recent circular issued by the union home ministry asking all Maoist-hit states to step up anti-naxal operations, Jharkhand police were already on a “mission mode” with arrests of rebels and recovery of weapons and explosives among others, a senior police officer said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review