On the eve of the Lok Sabha election results, Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Thursday suggested that all regional secular parties should come together and elect West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as the leader to keep BJP out of power.
Admitting that it may be difficult for Congress to form the government, he said, “It may be difficult for us to form the government, but all secular forces should come together to keep Narendra Modi away from power.”
He suggested that all regional secular parties should come together and elect their leader. “Congress party will never hesitate to form a secular government,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I suggest that regional parties should elect Mamata Banerjee, who is secualr, competent and honest beyound doubt, as their leader,” he said.
Stating that he does not believe in exit polls and truth will come out tomorrow, Alvi said, “Whether the Congress conquers the electoral battle or loses it, we all shall be responsible for the credit or discredit. It will be injustice for anyone to only blame the leadership of Congress.”