On the eve of the Lok Sabha election results, Congress leader Rashid Alvi on Thursday suggested that all regional secular parties should come together and elect West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as the leader to keep BJP out of power.
Admitting that it may be difficult for Congress to form the government, he said, “It may be difficult for us to form the government, but all secular forces should come together to keep Narendra Modi away from power.”
He suggested that all regional secular parties should come together and elect their leader. “Congress party will never hesitate to form a secular government,” he said.
“I suggest that regional parties should elect Mamata Banerjee, who is secualr, competent and honest beyound doubt, as their leader,” he said.
Stating that he does not believe in exit polls and truth will come out tomorrow, Alvi said, “Whether the Congress conquers the electoral battle or loses it, we all shall be responsible for the credit or discredit. It will be injustice for anyone to only blame the leadership of Congress.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More