The Bharatiya Janata Party’s Gujarat pradesh IT cell Wednesday distanced itself from Sanjay Rathod, IT cell convenor at Junagadh district BJP, even as he trained his guns, this time, on the Narendra Modi-led NDA at the centre.
Rathod, late on Tuesday, tweeted: “Sarkar, mantri, santri, police, vipaksh, sabhi Kanhaiyya mein itne vyast hain ki Pakistan ko khud batana pad raha hai, bhai aatanki bheje hain, fursat miley to! (The government, ministers, soldiers, police, opposition, everybody is so busy with Kanhaiyya that Pakistan is having to tell us, brother, we have sent terrorists, but who has the time!).”
- Traffic park in Cooperage: Children come to learn about road safety & traffic rules
- JNU or not, Arundhati Roy's gift to Jignesh Mevani irks Gujarat CM
- Maharashtra BJP’s Twitter handle ‘hacked’
- Paresh Rawal issues apology over 'Chai-wala, Bar-wala' jibe at Congress, deletes tweet
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali might not be able to shoot any film if "objectionable" scenes from Padmavati are not deleted: BJP MLA
- BJP IT cell official Sanjay Rathod tweets: Kill JNU students, professors; later deletes it
Rathod, however, is listed as a member of the executive committee of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) , as per it’s official website.
Rathod posted on his Twitter handle earlier Tuesday: “Shoot Anti National JNU students & Proff and close the chapter. But the problem is that Our Govt doesn’t allow to kill Dogs #WakeUpIndia.”
He deleted the tweet as soon after The Indian Express spoke to him. On Women’s day, his tweet went, “Jeevan mein agar sahansheelta aur krodh pe sanyam seekhna ho to…ek saadi ki dukaan khol ke dekhein..#Happy Women’s Day #Women’sDay #WakeupIndia” (If you want to learn to control your tolerance and anger….open a saree shop and see) The “suggestion” was followed by smiling emojis.
When contacted, the Convenor of the Gujarat Pradesh IT cell, Rajeeka Kacheria, told The Indian Express that Rathod was out of her team since two and a half years and reacting to his Women’s Day tweet, said, “Any functionary of our party has to respect women”.
He also questioned the title of “Father of the nation” given to Mahatma Gandhi in another preceding tweet that said, “India had a visionary and guardian like Swami Vivekanand and a guru like Acharya Chanakya, then why did Gandhi only become Father of the Nation?”.