Samajwadi Party workers on Monday held a demonstration at Rajendra Prasad Ghat in Varanasi against “Har Har Modi” slogan raised by Narendra Modi supporters and demanded that the Gujarat Chief Minister should apologise to the people of Varanasi.
According to the protesters, the slogan ‘Har Har Modi, Ghar Ghar Modi’ disrespected Lord Shiva, the party workers also smeared black paint on Modi’s posters. They demanded Modi’s apology to the people, when he visits the city next time for his campaign.
As Hindu seers and opposition parties objected to the slogan, BJP had distanced itself from it and said its official slogan was “Ab ki baar, Modi sarkar” (This time, Modi government).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Narendra Modi has himself asked his supporters not to use it.