Terming Election Commission’s decision to revoke the ban on BJP leader Amit Shah’s participation in election campaigning as “unfortunate”, Samajwadi Party on Friday said that it was an “injustice” to party leader Mohd Azam Khan.
“The decision of EC to lift ban on Amit Shah’s campaigning is unfortunate..It’s injustice to our senior leader Mohd Azam Khan..We respect EC..It should reconsider its decision and also lift the ban of Azam”, Party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
He said that while Amit Shah was “face of communalism”, SP leader Azam Khan is “face of secularism” and should be allowed to campaign. “We have been requesting the commission to reconsider its decision”, he added. Both Shah and Azam were banned by the EC on April 11 from campaigning in the state following their controversial remarks.
On being asked that Shah had assured the poll body that he would not disturb public tranquility and law and order, Chowdhury said that BJP could never be trusted. “It’s the character of BJP that it could not be trusted They had given an undertaking in the SC yet Babri mosque was demolished”, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
While giving Shah a “second chance” the Commission had said that it will “closely monitor” his campaign by constant video tracking by concerned district election authorities.