- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Salman Khurshid booked for poll code violation in Farrukhabad
Union minister Salman Khurshid was booked for alleged violation of Model Code of Conduct in his parliamentary constituency in Farrukhabad, police said.
The FIR was registered last night against Khurshid and his two supporters after a vehicle, loaded with solar lights
and some other equipment purportedly meant for distribution among villagers was caught.
According to Kumpal Police Station in-charge K V Singh, a tractor laden with solar lights, poles and other materials
meant for distribution among villagers was seized last night by the police near Baura village.
During questioning, driver of the vehicle told the police that he had brought the equipment from the cold storage of Khurshid, who is also Congress candidate from the seat, police said.
On suspicion that the equipment were being brought to Farrukhabad for distribution among the villagers, a case was lodged against Khurshid and his two supporters Jaan Mohammad and Bablu.