Union minister Salman Khurshid was booked for alleged violation of Model Code of Conduct in his parliamentary constituency in Farrukhabad, police said.
The FIR was registered last night against Khurshid and his two supporters after a vehicle, loaded with solar lights
and some other equipment purportedly meant for distribution among villagers was caught.
According to Kumpal Police Station in-charge K V Singh, a tractor laden with solar lights, poles and other materials
meant for distribution among villagers was seized last night by the police near Baura village.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
During questioning, driver of the vehicle told the police that he had brought the equipment from the cold storage of Khurshid, who is also Congress candidate from the seat, police said.
On suspicion that the equipment were being brought to Farrukhabad for distribution among the villagers, a case was lodged against Khurshid and his two supporters Jaan Mohammad and Bablu.