Union minister Salman Khurshid was booked for alleged violation of Model Code of Conduct in his parliamentary constituency in Farrukhabad, police said.
The FIR was registered last night against Khurshid and his two supporters after a vehicle, loaded with solar lights
and some other equipment purportedly meant for distribution among villagers was caught.
According to Kumpal Police Station in-charge K V Singh, a tractor laden with solar lights, poles and other materials
meant for distribution among villagers was seized last night by the police near Baura village.
During questioning, driver of the vehicle told the police that he had brought the equipment from the cold storage of Khurshid, who is also Congress candidate from the seat, police said.
On suspicion that the equipment were being brought to Farrukhabad for distribution among the villagers, a case was lodged against Khurshid and his two supporters Jaan Mohammad and Bablu.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More