Two days after the BJP annulled her husband’s membership, wife of former JD(U) leader Sabir Ali Monday said one tweet by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi alleging their terror links has severely hurt the family’s social life. Yasmin Sabir Ali, who sat outside Naqvi residence here in protest, said she expected some respect from him (Naqvi) when she went to his house to mark her protest.
Yasmin said the tweet has been shared all over the country and has affected her social life along with that of their children with whom she lives in Mumbai. She said their children go to school and such a tweet, even though it does not name anyone, is understood by all and affects their social lives too.
The couple have one daughter and five boys. The eldest son studies in Class XI.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
Yasmin said, “My husband is taking up this matter through legal channels and I thought this is not enough. As my family has been affected by it, I too should meet and ask Naqvi to taker back his words. I went there expecting he will say a few words of sympathy and realise his mistake. On the contrary, he did not have the courtesy to come outside and meet me. I had not gone to his house with supporters. There was just one woman who came with me.”
She was detained by police and later let off.