Shiv Sena youth wing leader Aaditya Thackeray has distanced himself from the vitriolic editorial that appeared in his party mouthpiece Saamana against the Gujarati community. Earlier, his father and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray had also disowned the editorial.
In a press statement issued via social media, Aaditya said, “The party takes the Gujarati community as fellow Mumbaikars and with no differences made. This very unity, seen strongly and the love felt by me personally in the Lok Sabha elections, be it South Mumbai, South Central or North West Mumbai, be it Thane or Kalyan, has ached many leading to sabotage this unity. I assure you, there was, is and will be no change in the good bond built over years between us.”
In an editorial written on May 1, Saamana had taken pot shots at the Gujarati community and had questioned why Gujarati traders who support Modi never stepped out of their highrises to celebrate Maharashtra Day.
“Staying in Mumbai they have enjoyed the benefits of the wealth. They have filled their coffers. They have exploited Mumbai like a prostitute. People who came here carrying a tumbler (lota) have created cities of gold for themselves. On this wealth created from Mumbai, these industrialists are manipulating Indian polity. They are scheming as to who should be made the prime minister and who should be brought down,” the edit had said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review