In a retort to Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi’s criticism of Gujarat model of development, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday described UPA’s governance as “RSVP model” in which a person was able to multiply his earnings from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years.
Commonly seen in invitation cards and letters, ‘RSVP’ stands for “Repondez s’il vous plait”, a French phrase which means ‘Reply if you please’.
However, giving his own meaning to ‘RSVP’, Modi decoded it as “Rahul, Sonia, Vadra and Priyanka” while addressing a rally here.
In an apparent reference to Robert Vadra, husband of Priyanka Vadra, he said “it’s the magical effect of RSVP model of development that a person’s earning rises from Rs one lakh to Rs 400 crore in five years.”
“Those laughing at the Gujarat model please tell us about the RSVP model”, said the Gujarat chief minister.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Pointing to Sanjay Baru’s book ‘The Accidental Prime Minister’, he alleged UPA government was in the hands of “Maa betey” (mother & son — Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi).
Ridiculing Rahul Gandhi’s visit to huts of the poor, Modi described it as “tourism of poverty.”
“Born with silver spoon, Rahul Gandhi visits huts of the poor to learn about them. He goes to see whether a poor has two legs, two eyes and a stomach,” he said.
On such visits, he gets himself clicked lifting a child of the poor in the same manner as people get clicked in front of the Taj Mahal, he said.
Modi said born in poverty he himself had seen what poverty was and was able to feel the pain of poor people.
BJP’ Nikhil Chaudhary is pitted against NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar and JD(U) Ram Prakash Mahto in Katihar seat that goes to vote on April 24.