Calling the Bharatiya Janata Party’s election victory as “second freedom”, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh national executive member Indresh Kumar, whose name cropped up in terror investigations, has urged the new government to immediately start the process of reviewing terror cases which he claimed were the result of a political conspiracy by the UPA government.
“I have been saying from day one that this was a political conspiracy hatched by the Congress-led UPA government. The CBI, NIA, ATS were all misused politically. After working for years, they all have failed. They indicted me but got nothing against me. The government is the culprit,” he said.
“I cannot say if all of them (accused arrested in ‘saffron terror’ cases) should be let off. But they must get bail. Innocent Muslims who were arrested must also get bail. Agencies must file chargesheets soon, and if they are innocent, they must be exonerated. The government is yet to be formed but I can say we don’t need any favour. Lekin jahan bhi logo par zulm huye hain, atyachar huye hain, unconstitutional aur anaitik kaam huye hain, unhe mukti dilanee chahiye (But those who suffered injustice and atrocities should be freed). It may take four months or a year, but the process (of review of these cases) must start now,” Kumar said in an interview with The Indian Express.
“The election results have come as second freedom, this freedom we have got from our own people. (Congress leaders) Digvijaya Singh and Manish Tewari must realise that they do not have any right to spoil anybody’s life. These leaders and these agencies must apologise publicly,” he added.
Kumar was first questioned by the CBI in 2010 after his name cropped up during the probe into 2007 Mecca Masjid blasts. He was said to be close to the slain RSS pracharak Sunil Joshi. Joshi’s group was responsible for terror attacks including the 2007 Mecca Masjid and the 2006 Malegaon blasts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016