The RSS, for the first time after the Emergency, will overtly participate in the Lok Sabha election, mobilising Hindu voters to come out in large numbers for the BJP, realising it was “disadvantageous” for the outfit if the saffron party remained out of power.
“The RSS has realised that it is disadvantageous for it if the BJP remains out of power. As against the popular perception that the BJP needs the RSS more, the RSS has also started feeling that it needs the BJP in power at the Centre,” sources said.
A lot of thinking has gone into mobilising Hindus to come out in large numbers, with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat calling for 100 per cent polling from the community in his signature Vijaya Dashmi speech. The Amravati conclave of top RSS functionaries last year, too, had stressed this point.
Sources said, “A parallel RSS machinery will work on the polling days to get the voters out, in addition to the BJP’s one-booth-ten-youth arrangement. Meetings and training sessions of the workers have also been held.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
A senior functionary confirmed the development. “The local sangh shikshak (head of the shakha) will ensure that the Hindu voters in his areas turn up for polling. This is happening for the first time since Emergency.”
The annual Pratinidhi Sabha in Bangalore on March 7 and 8 will also discuss the strategy. Dates of annual officers’ training camps held across the country in April are also sought to be adjusted according to the poll schedule, sources said.